For Patients & Visitors
Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you follow these steps:
We have three convenient methods for Patients or Carers completing Pre-admission information.
- Complete the Online Patient Portal admissions process by clicking the following website link: https://preadmission.monashhouse.com.au/
- Complete the forms and post or hand deliver them a minimum of 48 hours prior to actual day of admission.
- Complete the forms and scan the completed pages as outlined below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: Forms must be returned immediately to confirm booking
Checklist for Delivery of hard-copy Admission Forms
- Read each page of the patient booklet
- Complete the Admission Forms
- Complete Pages 9-10 Pre-Admission Form
- Complete Pages 11-12 Patient History Form
- Complete Page 13 Consent form
- Remove (by tearing out) all the completed forms from this booklet and email, post or deliver to the Hospital Reception. PLEASE DO NOT RETURN THE ENTIRE BOOKLET - only the pages you have filled out.
- Email a scanned copy of the completed pages to email@example.com
- Please complete the Admission Forms and email, post, or deliver them to the Hospital as soon as possible; if it is less than 48 hours prior to Admission please phone (03) 8394 0700.
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You may be contacted by telephone prior to your day of Admission by our Pre-admission Nurse. If you are contacted, your medical history will be reviewed with you and Admission and discharge details discussed.
Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your Admission.
Your Doctor shall notify the Hospital of the date of your procedure / operation and inform you of your day and time of Admission. Your Doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.
On the day of admission
Please check in at the Hospital Reception located on the 1st floor at the time indicated by your doctor, and you will be directed to your admission area.
Your doctor will inform you of the scheduled time for your surgery and subsequent ‘nil by mouth’ time. This means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
Please bring with you into hospital anything applicable to your admission including:
- Doctor’s admission letter
- Health fund number / details (if applicable)
- Medicare card
- Regular medications
- Pension health benefits card (if applicable)
- Pharmaceutical benefits card (if applicable)
- Relevant x-rays and / or test results
- Night attire if overnight stay
- Personal articles i.e. sanitary pads (if applicable)
- Method for settling your account
- Please do not bring valuables
DO NOT (unless your doctor gives you special instructions)
- Eat or drink anything after midnight for morning surgery
- Eat or drink anything after 7am for afternoon surgery – (a light breakfast prior to 7am is acceptable i.e. tea and toast)
- Smoke cigarettes or chew gum
- Wear jewellery. A wedding ring and watch are permitted
- Bring valuables i.e. mobile phone and large amounts of cash
- Wear make-up or nail polish
Day procedure patients (additional information)
- Please shower on the day of admission before coming to the Day Procedure Unit and put on clean clothes
- Wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- Check with your nurse before informing relatives / friends regarding the time that you should be picked up