For Patients & Visitors
Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity. Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care.
Mandatory Pre-Admissions Form Completion (minimum 48 hours prior to admission)
To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, you will need to complete a Pre-admissions information form. These forms must be returned IMMEDIATELY to confirm your booking.
You can complete your pre-admission form by one of two ways:
- ONLINE: Simply click here to complete the online Pre-Admissions form.
- HARD-COPY BY SCANNING, POST OR HAND DELIVERY: Follow instructions below.
Instructions for Hard-Copy Pre-Admissions Forms
How to complete your hard-copy Pre-admissions Form
- Download and print the pre-admissions form by clicking here.
- Read each page of the patient booklet.
- Complete the Admission Forms specified below:
- Pre-Admission Form - Complete Pages 9-10
- Patient History Form - Complete Pages 11-12
- Consent form - Complete Page 13
How to send us your hard-copy Pre-admissons Form
- EMAIL: Scan only the completed forms (pages 9-13) and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SCAN THE ENTIRE BOOKLET.
- POST/HAND DELIVERY: Remove only the completed forms (pages 9-13) from this booklet and post or hand deliver them to the Hospital Reception: Monash House Private Hospital, Level 1, 271 Clayton Rd CLAYTON VIC 3168. PLEASE DO NOT RETURN THE ENTIRE BOOKLET.
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You will be contacted by telephone prior to your day of Admission by our pre-admission nurse. When you are contacted, your medical history will be reviewed with you. Admission details, pre-operative education and discharge plans will also be discussed.
Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission.
Your Doctor shall notify the Hospital of the date of your procedure/operation and inform you of your day and time of admission. Your Doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.
Your Doctor will inform you of the scheduled time for your surgery and subsequent ‘nil by mouth’ time. This means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
On the day of admission
Please check in at the Hospital Reception located on the 1st floor at the time indicated by your Doctor and you will be directed to the admission area.
Please bring with you into the hospital anything applicable to your admission including:
- Doctors admission letter
- Health fund number / details (if applicable)
- Medicare card
- Regular medications
- Pension health benefits cared (if applicable)
- Pharmaceutical benefits card (if applicable)
- Relevant x-rays and / or test results
- Night attire (if overnight stay)
- Toiletries if overnight stay)
- Personal articles i.e sanitary pads (if applicable)
- Method for settling your account (if applicable) visa, eftpos, cash, mastercard
DO NOT (unless your doctor gives you special instructions)
- Eat or drink anything after midnight for morning surgery
- Eat or drink anything after 7am for afternoon surgery – (a light breakfast prior to 7am is acceptable i.e tea and toast)
- Smoke cigarettes or chew gum
- Wear jewellery. A wedding ring and watch are permitted
- Bring valuables i.e mobile phone and large amounts of cash
- Wear make-up or nail polish
- Please shower on the day of admission before coming to the Hospital and put on clean clothes
- Wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- Check with your nurse before informing relatives / friends regarding the time that you should be picked up